Thursday, July 30, 2009

Monkeys - wild and free

Tomorrow is the last day of our lease, our internet will be disconnected, and we'll start our week of travel. I'm very much looking forward to our trip. We are spending two nights in Portland, Maine. Then we'll spend two nights with friends here so that Papa can finish up a few things at work (and secure health insurance for one more month by working in August.) On Tuesday we'll drive straight to Minnesota and spend the night before arriving in South Dakota!

We have thoroughly enjoyed these two years in New York. We've met some awesome friends, had a chance to explore this area of the country, and I will miss much once we have moved.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to next update, but I can't wait to share photos of Maine and stories from the trip. Here are a few photos from when my parents visited last week. We hiked around one of my favorite local parks and it will be this sort of scenery I'll be thinking about when I'm feeling homesick for New York - the dense trees, rolling hill-mountains, and the infinite shades of green - my camera really can't capture it!

M2 usually rides in the Ergo for hikes. He was so excited to hike with M.G. and kept a tight grip on her hand. He tripped once and fell, spinning around on the ground, because he refused to let go.

3 comments:

Carly said...

Tears. Just tears :( So glad have this great opportunity coming, but so sad to lose our biking-buddies.

Marketing Mama said...

Hope your traveling goes well! Looking forward to hearing about SD. :)

kristine said...

I love the pictures. I hope all is well and you guys are having a great time!