Monday, August 17, 2009

The fun of summer...

Kids, water, and summertime - it doesn't get much happier than that!

Check out how much they have grown in a year!
We had a small adventure over the weekend. We drove the 4.5 hours to Grandma and Grandpa B's house on Friday night. Then on Saturday morning, Papa took the kids up to see Grandma and Grandpa M while I stayed to pack boxes. It is the longest I've been away from M2! It all went very well and I got to see the photos of all of their slip 'n slide fun. M2 has been very clingy and wanting my full attention all the time since the move and so I was happy to hear that he didn't miss me. They came back down to pick me up after supper on Saturday and we headed home.

Grandma B got M2 out of his carseat when they picked me up and he lunged into my arms with a big smile. But, after just a minute or so he was trying to say "Grandma, Grandma" and was out playing with her in the grass.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to do things like this more often now that we are living closer to the grandparents.


We're slowly getting into our groove here in SD. I'm having trouble remembering what I did with the kids all day before our wild July of trying to see our friends as much as possible combined with Papa taking a lot of half days and long weekends to use up some of his vacation.

Yesterday Papa took M.G. to the fancy water park/public pool here in town and the two of them had a good time. She excitedly told me about all of the slides, pools, sprayers, and such. I asked what her favorite part of the park was and she told me it was when Papa pointed the hand dryer at her head so that her hair would dry.

I think we'll start checking out the city parks tomorrow and get a trip in to the library this week too.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Oh my goodness - the comparison shots are great (and I love the same shirt in both)!

Marketing Mama said...

Glad to hear you are adjusting. I can't imagine moving so much! Looks like you make the best of it and jump right into the community. Love the pictures showing how much the kids have grown. So Cute!