Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day update...

M.G. did indeed have fun on her first day. I came a few minute early to pick her up and got to see her having fun listening to a story with 3 other little girls.

Teacher Amy said that M.G. had a *very* good first day and that she jumped right in and had fun.

M.G. has told me bits and pieces of her day - she played on the pirate ship and with the baby dolls, they sang songs, she had fun outside, the orange name tag group cleaned up the pirate things, some kids had water after outside time and she might do that next time, they watered the flowers with a hose. She also was telling me something about wearing the wrong name tag, but I couldn't get any clarifying information out of her. She did say that the teachers still called her by the correct name.

2 hrs and 15 minutes seems to move so quickly for me and the kids have so many fun options that they can't get everything done in a day! But, she has said that she is excited for school on Monday.

Grandma and Grandpa M arrive tomorrow for a fun weekend and a few more house showings for Papa and I.

6 comments:

LutherLiz said...

Glad to hear it went well! Good luck house hunting!

Nissa Nicole said...

Yay, Rebecca! (and Mama) And, good luck with those house viewings.

Kelly said...

For me, it always was a huge weight off my shoulders to hear that they're having so much fun, but at the same time, its also bittersweet that they're having SO much fun without you.

Glad she had such a good day.

david said...

Hurray for Rebecca! I made her a card for the first day but our postal guy is horrible and didn't pick it up from our mailbox...its on the way though!! I know it must be a little hard to send her off with other people, but now you get the fun job of facilitating learning!

kristine said...

That sounds wonderful! Yay for a good adjustment!

Marketing Mama said...

So, so, so cute!!!