Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Preschool parent...

Today M.G.'s class is visiting the horse farm where one of the little girls lives. Papa is going with and M.G. was very excited about that. Last week a dad came in and played his trombone for the kids. Another dad gave the classroom some old computers that they use as "mission control" for their pretend rocket.

I'd love to visit or offer something to the class, but I'm at a loss! Hmmm...

In related news, each week two of the children are the stars of the week. As far as I can tell, they bring in something special from home to show their personality, have a parent visit class for the day, or something similar. Rebecca is on next week and has already let me know that she wouldn't enjoy having Papa or me stay for the whole class. She really likes having her time to be independent from us. So, I'm already wondering what she should bring in. I have no idea if the majority of kids have their parent stay or what sort of thing they bring in.

No comments: