Thursday, June 10, 2010

Family of 5!

My parents left last night after supper. It was so nice to have them here and the kids enjoyed all of the grandparent attention. Grandma and Grandpa M arrive tomorrow and we're excited to introduce them to the baby as well.

As we were getting ready for bedtime last night the big kids climbed up to watch us change the baby on our bed. They weren't being wild and crazy, just really sweet and it was the first time the 5 of us had been all together like that since the baby was born. It was a great feeling, like she fit right in with the rest of us.

I held Catherine as I was singing M2 his bedtime songs and it really seemed like she calmed down and and was listening to me when I sang - like she recognized the songs a bit.

She's been sleeping a lot these first few days and we put her in her crib after lunch. She and M2 both are asleep in their own beds right now and M.G. has been reading on her own bed. Papa stayed home to help us out today and we just looked at each other in disbelief. M2 and M.G. never had overlapping quiet times when he was a baby. I'm really hoping it isn't just a fluke!

M.G. and M2 are so excited to have her around. They are both looking forward to when she is a little more interactive.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hope it wasn't a fluke either!