Monday, August 23, 2010

First Monday of school

M.G. has been excited to share, at random times, some words of wisdom from the kindergarten classroom.

"If you need to remember how to sit the correct way you just say, 'criss-cross applesauce, spoons in a dish'" (You sit cross-legged and then put your hands in your lap in the kindergarten classroom.)
"In the hallway my teacher always says, 'Zip it, lock it, stick it in your pocket.'"
"I learned a good thing to say if you want people to listen to you. You say, '1,2,3, eyes on me.' Then the people say, '1,2, eyes on you.'"
Today she was bright eyed and excited to get to school. At pick-up time she looked much more worn out than last week. It's a big adjustment to her way of life. But, she always has a lot of good things to say about her day.

M2, M3, and I made it through the day as well. We walked to a playdate this morning, had lunch, did some baking this afternoon. It still feels really odd without M.G. M2 will ask if we can pick up M.G. or when she will get home. He's been a big copy cat lately. On Sunday M.G. said she couldn't wait to play at Kindergarten because it was the most fun. Then he chimed in with the same tone saying that playing at Kindergarten is the most fun. I think he really misses her.

I think this will be a long week as we get used to getting to school on time each day. But I'm sure it will become routine soon.

1 comment:

Lucky Cracker said...

George and Lydia have been such pals that I think he is going to really miss her too when she's off to school