Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time is progressing without me.

Wednesday, 10 AM

The weather turned suddenly this week. Our unseasonably warm October got quite a bit colder. I checked the weather before getting the kids out the door yesterday and offhandedly mentioned to Papa that it would rain most of the day, but there might be a flurry in there too.

It seems too early for snow to be sticking to the ground! It was gone by noon, but today is even colder than yesterday. The tiny bit of snow was a bit of a wake-up call... "Hey, it's practically Novemeber, then just a bit over a month until M2's b-day. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it and what about gift lists for the kids? Weren't you going to catch up on your photos albums and deep clean the house before the holidays?" That snow was really specific.

We're having a rough week of sleep and unfortunately it is the baby that is waking me up several times a night. I really hope she goes back to her long nights soon, but it has me foggy enough that I can't recall all the cute things the kids say.

Although in the car on the way back from drop-off this morning M2 asked the date. I told him and he said, "Hmmm, really? Hey, you are really good at saying twenty." It's good to be appreciated for my talents around here.

No comments: