Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend at home

The weather has been just beautiful here. We expected to spend a lot of time working on the yard, but ended up taking care of a lot of little projects around the house. The weekends just fly too fast!

M2 has taken such an interest in playing with M3 - usually more of an interest than she can handle. On Friday he set up some toys for her to play with, then he helped her play.

M.G. is really getting a lot from school. Today I found a book of fables with nice illustrations to add to our check-out pile at the library. Before I read it with her this afternoon I started to explain what a fable is. She interrupted me to say, "A fable is a story that teaches a lesson and is usually told by animals." They learned about it at school.

There are a few baby outfits that I'm always sad to see the kids grow out of. Now it is M3's turn for the froggy shirt! (Click on the photo to see a larger version.)

We have a fun and busy week in the works. Tuesday I'm hosting my first SD playdate and Grandma B is also driving over. Wednesday she'll read for M.G.'s class, it's parent/teacher conference day (which I am SO excited about), and then the kids and I will drive with Grandma back to MN for M.G.'s 4 day weekend! I'm really glad we had the weekend together to relax and prepare for the week ahead.

No comments: