Monday, December 13, 2010

Prehistoric Monkeys

Dec. 9, 2000

This is one of the very few photographs I have of us together in that time between when we met and when we started dating seriously. I found it when I was looking for an old photo of something I wanted to show the kids. Now it is 10 years old - 10 years!

It was, at least for me, pre-digital camera and pre-facebook. I don't have 15 poses of the same moment, like we have now for the kids. It's fuzzy and dark and has to sum up a whole semester of studying and friendship. All those memories did come back when I found it. Especially how he was the only one I really wanted to talk to at that holiday party.

3 comments:

Revlis Queen said...

I remember that party! :)

Nissa Nicole said...

Wonderful. You two look so young and happy!

Jo said...

I love it! And there's something to be said about capturing the moment as it is, not posed, not perfectly, but just how it is. :) Doesn't it seem crazy that it was 10 years ago? Not that I knew you guys then or anything, but the same thing has happened here, where we've looked at pictures from when we first met in 1998 and it's like, ohmygosh, that was, um, quite a while ago.