Wednesday, August 10, 2011

M.G. is home and so is a scary guy!

We were all happy to have M.G. home with us on Friday.  It sounds like she had a wonderful vacation!  I noticed in a couple super tiny ways that she might have missed us a little bit, but she also spent some time crying on that first day home because she missed the fun of vacation.

She was extra snuggly when she got home and we took another rocking chair photo.  That chair is starting to overflow!  (You can see earlier versions from the posts where M3 came home from the hospital and when M2 came home as well.)



Grandma and Grandpa M stayed with us until Sunday afternoon.  Since then we've had some ups and downs as everyone gets back into our normal routine.  But the ups are super happy!
I'm reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to M.G. during nap time when the younger two are sleeping. (The actual edition in that link, with nice big print.)  So far it has been a great read-a-loud book.  She was on the edge of her seat as Lucy found Narnia the first time and as Edmund found it later.  She squealed when all 4 kids stumbled into the wardrobe this afternoon.  It's one of my favorite books from childhood and I enjoy visiting Narina with her now.

The library's summer reading program has ended for the year and the kids went in to redeem their library dollars with Papa.  M2 was very excited to try out his new Wolverine costume!
M2: I have a great idea!  I can wear this next Halloween!
Me:  It's a little big.  I bet we can find a better costume for Halloween.
M2:  Do you think it will fit by Christmas?
Me:  It would fit better than it would at Halloween.
M2:  Then I know what I will do!  I will wear it on Christmas to scare Santa!
Me: Is that a good idea?  Would he still want to give you gifts if you scare him?
M2: I don't care, I'm still going to scare Santa when he sneaks in to the house!  (Long pause) Maybe I should find someone else to scare...

1 comment:

David said...

I like that he characterizes Santa as "sneaking"!

:)