Monday, January 28, 2013

It's just like that...

M2 was very excited to help me make sloppy joes last night.  Papa has been showing the kids how to brown the meat and they like using the stove (with lots of supervision.)  He was quite a cutie - standing on the stool in his jeans and undershirt (so that his sweater wouldn't get full of sauce) and waving the spoon around as he constantly chattered.  He is also really good at drying dishes and helped me clean up from supper too while M.G. kept M4 laughing in the high chair.

I was just getting leftovers out for lunch today when he walked by and said, "I really don't like sloppy joes."  I was surprised and asked, "So you just like cooking them?"  He said, "Yes, it's like tomatoes, I just like picking them."

Catie walked in and said, in the deeper voice she uses when quoting people, "And it is like how Joe likes to play with me, but I don't like playing with him.  He said, 'Do you want to play?' and I said, 'No, I don't want to play with anyone, I just like to play alone!'"

Happily she was nearly laughing by the end and M2 is flexible enough to say, "That's not true!  You love to play with me!" and laugh too.


No comments: