Friday, February 22, 2013

Learning that I always have more to learn

Much of my day to day routine is made up of things I've been doing for 8 years now - diapers, making lunch, playing with toys.

But occasionally someone reminds me that I don't know as much as I think.

I used the Maya wrap with M.G., but had difficulty adjusting it on my own.  We got other carriers that went over both shoulders and I liked those better for a lot of reasons.

But for whatever reason I'd been avoiding wearing M4 around.  I felt like he was always in my way and my mobility was limited.  I was holding him on my hip today and out of the blue decided to dig out that old carrier.  It is great for him!  I have different mobility - I have a shoulder free for lifting things above my head and it doesn't shift around my waist if I need to pick something off the floor.  Most of all he seemed perfectly comfortable and so happy!  I was totally going to get rid of that carrier a few months ago, so I'm glad I didn't.

(I have such pale eyelashes - I am envious of the kids!)
M2 and M3 reading together and in a heavy discussion.

No comments: