Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Piggy and Goaty and Cowy and...

M3 collects random things and names them.  She brought Rocky home from MN, she has Pine Coney on her headboard, in the garage she has Sticky.

We were reading a book together and on one page it says, "How many of these animals can you name?"  So, I said, "Catie, can you name any of these animals?"  She said that she didn't think so.  They were just run of the mill kids book animals, so I said, "Come on, give it a shot, just do as many as you can."

She took a deep breath, sighed, and said, "Well, I guess this would be Piggy and this one could be Cowy, and I'd call this one Browny."  It was so hard to keep from laughing.  Of course, now I ask her to name animals in all sorts of books.

I love seeing these weird miscommunications crop up with the kids.  It will be long forgotten before long, but makes for funny little moments.

No comments: